[pianotech] Acorn needed

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 19:34:24 MST 2012

Greetings list,

To follow up on my search, I did write Steinway and got a very nice reply.   Holly wrote me to say, first she has them and second they are chrome.

Now please let me know.   This is a 1861 Steinway square I am rebuilding and everything of hardware is brass.  The plate is bronze tone With the original art work.   Now the question:  do you think a shiny chrome acorn nut would look good on there?

Some how, I just think it should be brass like the hinges and such.  I wouldn't put nickel tuning pins on it.  If you have a suggestion, I would be glad to hear it.

William