[pianotech] mouse contamination from the dark side<G>

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 15:02:40 MDT 2012

Well...on Wednesday I got to clean out some mouse poo from between key
sticks. (Country church piano.) And then got to kill a very alive brown
recluse. It was sitting (?) on the underside lid of a Baldwin 243. Glad my
finger didn't get that close as I raised the lid. Or maybe it did. Shudders.

I sure like to watch those buggers wriggle after they get squashed.
Certifies the time of death anyway. Around here, I always check for
recluses whenever I open a vertical. Didn't see this one until mid-tuning,
though. He was fairly dark and blended in with the lid. Squished him with a
nearby Heavenly Highway hymn book and resumed tuning. Never a dull
moment....

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS