[pianotech] Tuning equipemt

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 5 20:34:33 MDT 2012

My 2cents worth: Don't buy "Cheap Tools"!
Inexpensive, such as used is the way to go. I still have both of my
"Student Hammers". One came with the Niles Bryant Coarse, (no, I didn't
mis-spell it!<G>) It was basically a POS, so I MODIFIED it and have been
using it for a stringing tuning hammer, for 35 years. The second, is a
Nylon handled Hale. Virtually Bullet proof. I've loaned it to several techs
over the years. (and a few clients.<G>) A regular Boomerang.
That's my take on it.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police