[pianotech] finish repair question (David Love)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 23:16:13 MDT 2012

Thanks. I'll check that out.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Thos Carpenter
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:59 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] finish repair question (David Love)

David asked:

I had to chisel this area out underneath the glide on a Steinway.  The piano
will not be refinished only touched up.  What is the substance of choice to
fill this area (about 1/8" deep) that will allow for the best finish
matching surface for the surrounding area.  I don't usually do this type of
work and probably won't in this case but I am curious.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com <http://www.davidlovepianos.com/>

Hi David,

How `bout Lake One Wood Rebuilder?  I get it from Phillips.

Tom

A FINE TECHNICIAN

Thos. Carpenter - Piano Technician

303.684.6766