[pianotech] Steinway Model "O"

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Mon Jun 11 14:08:43 MDT 2012

Hi Joe,

I would agree that the more collapsed the panel, in general, the
better will be the tuning stability, provided that the seniority of
the instrument isn't also accompanied with a development of poor
string rendering, which is common with S&S and the myriad others who
have longish/stiff under-string felt with unhardened and wide-ish
counter-bearing bars. But if the rendering is fine, a dead board will
invariably result in outstanding stability.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.