[pianotech] MetroVac'nBlo at aol.com,

chrisstor at aol.com chrisstor at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 05:27:07 MDT 2012

I use the smaller version of the Metro vac.  Model MCV-1BA.  It's tiny!  It's more for cleaning computer keyboards and office electronics, but it works for some of the home piano cleaning I do.
It has a shoulder strap, that I put over my head.  And the body of the vac tucks nicely under my arm.  I know exactly where the canister is at all times, so I don't have to worry about dinging a leg.  And, I won't be dragging a corrugated hose over the edge of piano case part (but then again, I'm tall).
So... vac under my arm, hose/crevice tool in one hand, long bristle paintbrush in the other hand - I'm ready to get anywhere in the piano safely.

Pros:
Fits into a tiny leftover toolbox I had
shoulder strap
lots of tiny attachments for small areas
disposable bags
inexpensive

Cons:
it could use a BIT longer hose, (but I'll sacrifice the hose length 'cuz it fits into (did I mention) the tiny toolbox I have)
heats up (and that's a drag having that under your arm on a hot day)
I wouldn't use it for long periods with the tiny attachments on. The thing sounds like it's working too hard, and heats up.
It won't suck a mouse nest whole out of a keywell like a full-sized shop vac would.

Hope my contribution is worthwhile,
Chris S.