[pianotech] Metro Vac 'n Blo

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jun 17 05:34:07 MDT 2012

On 6/16/2012 10:55 PM, Overs Pianos wrote:

> While the subject of vacuum units is under discussion, a couple of years
> ago after much frustration with vacs which weren't up to the task, I
> built my own. Below is a description of the unit I built with image links.

Hi Ron,
Very nice! Compact, efficient. Good job. I've been looking at Bill's
designs for years, and even built one of aluminum some time back. I
should have built smaller like you did, as mine was underpowered (I knew
that, but it was an experiment) and I never managed to find a place to
install it in my micro shop as a central system. It's long gone now.

The King Billy is lovely. Is it typically that tight and clear?
Ron N