[pianotech] Metro Vac 'n Blo

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Sun Jun 17 06:08:36 MDT 2012

Hi Ron N,

Back in 1992, when I a bought a couple of cubes of the stuff, I
thought it was going to be the bellyman's answer for piano making.
But the MOE is far too low for it to be useful as a belly wood (its
near enough to half the MOE of Sitka). Yes a lot of it is very nice
and tight like the sample in my vac. I understand it is a distant
relative of the Californian Redwoods. It machines really well and it
has a pleasant aroma, but it is prone to having patches of wood with
resin deposits, which doesn't always make it good for gluing. I
suspect that these areas are associated with damaged branches.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers

Web http://overspianos.com.au
mailto:ron at overspianos.com.au

A web page with images of recent work and almost-audio-CD quality mp3
sound files of the Overs piano can be found at;
http://overspianos.com.au/more_info.htm

So put on your headphones, plug them into your freshly restarted
computer and sit back to over 20 minutes of pure piano.