[pianotech] Plate coating for fitting pin blocks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 15:57:00 MDT 2012

"List,

This request for input just in from someone who does not normally monitor
this list. Please respond on-list, and I will forward to him.

 Many thanks,

Alan Eder

Richard Davenport writes:

Any thoughts about what coating is most effective (leaves the best mark and
lasts the longest between applications) on the plate flange when fitting a
pinblock. I've used carpenters blue chalk and black carpenter's crayons and
they're both a mess to use and have to be reapplied frequently. There has
to be something that lasts longer and is easier to apply.

Thanks
Richard

Davenport Tools"

Hmm?? And not "monitoring this list" gets him free information w/o any
effort on his part?!!
Tell Richard to use Graphite. It's messier than hell, but effective. AND,
tell him to buy a computer, log on to the REAL "List" and use it!<G> Tell
him Joe Said So!<G>
That's my take on that,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.