[pianotech] 1904 Starr Upright

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Jun 27 13:03:32 MDT 2012

Hi Paul,

It was the claims adjuster for the insurer that contacted me because the value the owner claimed this piano was worth didn't seem to resemble anything even close to the reality the adjuster saw.

He wanted 3 values, the cost to repair :-), the cost of replacing with an identical unit (or as close as possible), and the cost to replace with a comparable (in quality and size) new piano.

The first one is easy.  Doing some research on the second one is also fairly easy.  I just wasn't too sure of the quality comparison on the last value, hence my post here.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com