[pianotech] 1904 Starr Upright

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Jun 27 13:11:34 MDT 2012

Thanks Wim!

That's kind of what I figured.  I don't see very many Starr's out in the southwest but from the parts that were left, it looked like a hundred other turn of the century grands as you mentioned. From what I can tell of the parts that weren't burned, this one was pretty worn, too. It had very deep cut grooves in the hammers, broken bridle straps, etc.  Not much left to look for, but those parts that remained seemed to be an indication of the level of care given to this particular instrument.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com