[pianotech] cutting down a MH bridge

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 07:18:08 MDT 2012

David,
     If what you're getting at is that the tone of some Masons doesn't "brighten" enough with faster keystrokes for your taste, I can see that. (As a bit --- though ONLY a bit--- of a pianist.) I'm not experienced enough to discern how much of that is a hammer issue, and how much a belly issue (please advise --- such wisdom may apply to my Conover 77, which was designed by the same chap) but if you could remedy it, that would be a  fine thing indeed!

Thumpe

P.S. The extraordinary, spectacular and amazing Ragtime/Stride pianist Stephanie Trick (please see her youtube videos!) will be performing at parties at the Reutlinger Mansion in S.F. this Saturday and Sunday, and I'll send you info on how to attend, if you're interested.