[pianotech] Tuning pin height

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 09:35:03 MDT 2012

Tape a hammer dowel to the side of your tuning pin driver such that when it
just stops short of touching the plate the pin is at the correct height.
You may find it's easier to leave them slightly high until the tension is
brought up at least in the ballpark and then tap them to their final height.
Picture attached.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com