[pianotech] Epoxy

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 10:48:14 MST 2012

Mike,
I read an article in a Sailing magazine that said there were a few epoxies
that were designed for colder temps, in making emergency repairs to a boat.
Since it's been a while and I didn't consider it pertinent to what we do, I
cannot recall the specific brand or group of epoxies it was. Suffice it to
say, the article did state that some would set faster in cold. At the time
I thought that was interesting, since I was always under the impression
that the heat generated by the chemical processes of epoxies, was the
determining factor. I wish I could be more specific in that regard.
Best,
Joe

Please