[pianotech] Epoxy

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 18:59:39 MST 2012

Hi Joe,

I can't comment specifically on the epoxy you saw in the magazine because you don't have the manufacturer, however all the epoxies I have read about that are designed for use in cooler weather simply have the feature that they will harden at cooler temperatures - they will still harden faster at higher temperatures.

I doubt that the article said that the epoxy would cure faster in cold weather than warm - likely it simple pointed out that it WOULD cure in cool weather.

But if I am wrong (it happened once before in 1962), please provide specifics so that I can expand my knowledge.

Here's a link to System Three Cold Cure epoxy:  http://www.systemthree.com/reslibrary/tds/Cold-Cure_TDS.pdf  It states that it will cure down to 35 degrees F - doesn't say anything about curing slower at higher temps.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell