[pianotech] Hearing Aids - was Thumper, (why? I haven't a clue.<G>)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 10 19:54:32 MST 2012

Les said:
"Don't know about your dream, but thumpers will mess with your hearing.
Having been in hearing aids ten years, I'm really careful these days.
Just got my latest pair and my audiologist has not a clue how to program the
tuning program, so I'm having to do it by experiment and intuition. She did
admit the hearing industry is just beginning to consider music........."

Les,
I think you need to get a New/Better hearing aid person! Anyone in that
field that is not keeping up with what's happening. Music has been the buzz
word for over 5 years, that I know of, in that industry! Sheesh!
Talk to Diane, Les, she knows that stuff and stays abreast of her, (other),
industry.<G> BTW, I made a CD of tuning, using a Yamaha C7. Each "cut" is a
specific area of the tuning. It can be gotten from Jay Thurman, in
Portland. He's my guy and knows all that stuff too! We used it to program
my digitals. Works great and does the trick(s) If he doesn't have it
available, I can get a copy from Mark Gallant, who did the Master, and
probably still has it. (It's been a few years since we did that.)
Hope that helps.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police