[pianotech] Time Guide

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 21 13:31:04 MST 2012

Greg,
 Estimate the time you think it will take you to:
- Screw the flanges to the rail.
- Bend the damper lever wires to the correct position.
- Attach the damper blocks to the wires.
 (I am assuming the damper felts are already/still glued to the damper blocks.)
- Refine the wire bend and align dampers to strings.
- Adjust dampers for even lift with pedal.
- Adjust damper spoons for proper lift with key.
- MULTIPLY YOUR TIME ESTIMATE BY 3.
HAVE FUN!

Also, you are probably already aware of this, but all the damper adjustments involved with this job are made easier if you remove the spring rail.
AND, I hope you have the piano in your shop.  I would hate to tackle this job in the customer's home.

Claude Harding