[pianotech] elbows

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:23:41 MST 2012

HI Everyone,Wnen it comes to elbows, I've never heard of using a heat source.  I just take plyers and crunch crunch crunch :-)  At the school we were taought to take a vice grip and place it on the lifter wire on the point where the original elbow was so we knew how far to screw on the replacement plastic ones if we used them.  I have and they do well.  I know some believe in the wood ones which are harder to install.  Like one tech told me out here, the plastic replacemetns will out live me and the customer.   Have any of you done an elbow job in the customers home without taking the action out?Marshall215-510-9400