[pianotech] Needle nose pliers and elbows

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:22:11 MST 2012

Joe said: "Hmmm? since when do "needle nose pliers" have anything "sharp"
on them?
Perhaps the wire cutter? Lotsa luck getting the jaw up far enough to do any
good," in response to my comment about sharp pair of needle nose pliers.

Okay, Joe, bad wording on my part. What I meant was a "pointy" pair of
needle nose pliers which will very well get up to the center pin to snip
away at any remaining remnant of elbow. I know, because I have a pair that
I've ground the needle end down to a very pointy point. (Of course I don't
use the wire cutter on the pliers for this purpose.) They work well. Chuck