[pianotech] Brighter Yamaha

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 10:11:52 MST 2012

Patrick

This is a GF2 (5'10")  in an auditorium that seats about 200. But it's a "fundamental" church, complete with drum sets, stage lighting, etc. You know what I'm talking about. The piano hasn't even been played in church because it was badly out of tune. I told the pastor to mike the piano and put a monitor behind the player, which he said they will do.

They are not even aware that there is a problem. The lack of power was my observation as I was doing to final tuning. The overall tone is weak, but especially in the killer octaves. I'm scheduled to go back at the end of May, at which time I will assess the situation, and make a recommendation.

Wim

PS. They did have some sheep around a manger set outside the church, Maybe I can get some of their wool. :)