[pianotech] Belly talk

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Nov 30 11:07:50 MST 2012

On 11/30/2012 11:29 AM, Jim Ialeggio wrote:

> A question to other rib crowned belly heads...what do you do with these
> "crowns"?  Leave'em or hack'em off? Since it's a bit of work to remove
> them, do others leave them without undo complications?

I leave them. They are unnecessary in my world too, but not detrimental
like long tuned front duplexes that make noise. Since I don't see any
particular performance benefit to removing them, I don't waste the
effort. There are other highly coveted features that are much more in
need of being removed.

Ron N