[pianotech] TFT Record Strip Help

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Oct 1 07:21:35 MDT 2012

Steve,

I don't know about the different packages, but I've installed Magic Star, and it can go easy, or hard. The QRS optical sensor strip is much smaller (height and front-to-back). On my piano, there wasn't enough clearance for it at full dip (note how the keystick hits the black plastic, not the punching). The instructions casually mention that you may have to route out the keyframe for clearance (not something I was planning to do in the customer's house!). See second picture for the "after" of the Saf-T-Planer. The stiffness of the sensor rail made up for the lost wood of the keyframe.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com