[pianotech] Reproducing System Removal

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 08:29:07 MDT 2012

On 10/3/2012 8:56 AM, Patrick C. Poulson wrote:
> Ron: thanks for the info. I haven't heard from anyone who wants their
> player system restored in ages. A sign of the times, I guess.

I did a Knabe Ampico A, both piano and player a couple of years ago, but
it had been a long time since I did one. Got a pump organ in the shop
now, also few and far between. It's sad. The pneumatic players and pump
organs were the home entertainment centers of their day, and the players
definitely qualify as a representative of the age of the mechanical
marvel. Everyone thinks they're amazing, believes they're extinct, and
loses interest when they find what it costs to restore them. I love
rebuilding them, but I've never been able to compete with the hacks and
hobbyists. I always got the call after the cheap guy (and there were
many) butchered it and ducked. "It's been completely rebuilt, so it
can't take much to get it working".
Ron N