[pianotech] Shocking Kimball lid decal!!!

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 08:37:31 MDT 2012

Here in the rural South, many, many of my customers have been ultra-conservative Southern Baptists*, and many of them have had those cheap Kimball products with that elaborate inner-lid decal which degraded in quality of reproduction as the production years went by. (What were once neat graphics became, in later cases, rather indistinct blobs.) I've read that the "Awards" those "medals" celebrated were, in most instances, bought by piano manufacturers from the various organizers of the expositions where they displayed; and particularly disturbing, of course, is the one which in earlier manifestations showed a nude man and woman facing each other, with one ( I forget which) handing over a sheaf of grain. (Tasteful and O.K..) But on more recent models, looks like nothing more than a blurry couple of nekkid drunks dancing the "Boogaloo"! Pointing out the shocking presence of this disturbing image to such customers may be helpful in encouraging them to
 get it out of their home, and invest in a piano of healthier repute. Just a thought.

Thumpe

*Disclaimer: some of whom are very fine people!