[pianotech] Tuning pins

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Oct 8 16:15:00 MDT 2012

I helped Yamaha find this out ... tuned four P-202's in a grade school,
two per day.
broke two bass strings, one one day, the other the next. Called in with
the steep
angle/friction theory. They sent me an entire set of P-202 bass strings!
This event
holds a record as the very best manufacturer's tech support I've ever
encountered!

If they could drill the tuning pins at an angle, they'd have no problem,
but I
guess it might be hard to set up.

Susan Kline

I think of this as the glory days of Yamaha's tech support.