[pianotech] Hammer Blow

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Tue Oct 9 08:13:55 MDT 2012

I've been also using the crescendo punchings for the past couple years and love working with them…waaaay more consistent results.

Paul

From: Dale Erwin <erwinspiano at aol.com<mailto:erwinspiano at aol.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:51 AM
To: "pianotech at ptg.org<mailto:pianotech at ptg.org>" <pianotech at ptg.org<mailto:pianotech at ptg.org>>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hammer Blow

Hi Floyd
 Dittos on Jons post.

  And just the squish factor of the avergae supply house front punching changes the feel and amount of overall dip/aftertouch based on touch pressure. They squish as much as .035 compared to .015 for Jurgens crescendo punchings. If you're looking for more precision in key dip/aftertouch its only logical use the latter to reduce errors from variables

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com