[pianotech] Hammer Blow

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 10:25:40 MDT 2012

Greetings,
      I like the Crescendo punchings. I set dip by aftertouch, so my
sense of touch is the determining factor,(what, you think I would let a
pianist determine that?).   The softness of other punchings is as easy
to press consistently,(with enough years practice) as the Crescendos,
but the firmer punchings seem to impress pianists with a sense of
evenness and security.  I have replaced the punchings without doing
anything else and gotten a real positive response from a professional
player who owns the piano.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html