[pianotech] Cresendo Punchings was RE: Hammer Blow

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Thu Oct 11 00:37:28 MDT 2012

Yes, sensible would be ideal.

One thing I would believe possible (not having tested the theory), is that the differently dense punching produces a different impact noise when the key hits it. But while that changes the overall sound, I can't get from there to "focusing the tone". Jon, can you or can someone else who has also perceived this please explain what happens? Thanks.

~Mark Schecter