[pianotech] Cresendo Punchings was RE: Hammer Blow

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Oct 11 07:14:20 MDT 2012

The phenomenon does occur, not always, but your theory is as good as
any. Prove it to yourself. You can demonstrate the effect with changing
punchings (maintaining dip). Turn the Crescendo punching over and the
effect is gone, turn it back and it's there. It's like elfin magic.

 >One thing I would believe possible (not having tested the theory), is
that the differently dense punching produces a different impact noise
when the key >hits it. But while that changes the overall sound, I can't
get from there to "focusing the tone". Jon, can you or can someone else
who has also perceived

--
Regards,

Jon Page