[pianotech] Lowering the stack on a Steinway

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 07:16:54 MDT 2012

Sincere Thanks for the apology, Ron.
     The stuff comes in 3 or 4 foot lengths, seems to have just the right amount of "give" for cutting on, and is "dirt cheap" and easily replaceable. I clamp a long aluminum guide on top of it, the plate glass and bench (1/2"  x 1" x the length of the benchtop) butt the sheet of felt up against it, clamp another strip of aluminum the right distance from it for a cutting guide and "roll away". Seems to work very easily and accurately, but I'm always open to suggestions for improvement in technique.

Thumpe