[pianotech] OT: BOYCOTT DELL

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Oct 15 10:27:05 MDT 2012

Duaine should at least be given credit for using the OT prefix.  On
one of the other hands, he used all upper case, which is tantamount
to shouting.  That should be avoided.  I think most of the responses
to his post are accurate, and, were it not for the histrionic
presentation (an upper case boycott), might have eschewed some of the
predictable snarkiness.   Apart from the suggestions already
proffered, I have a question and a comment.

Question: Do you, Duaine, think that this lack of responsiveness is
unique to Dell?

Comment: I would boycott Dell for his politics, which are not mine,
but I have to acknowledge that, if I were to succeed in thoroughly
purging my economic interactions of all those whose politics I find
repugnant, I'd have relatively few places to spend my money, such as
it is.   Now that the subject has come up, and since RonN always
prefers specifics, I'll try to take some time to determine if such a
principled economic life style is remotely possible.

Thanks, Duaine.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY