[pianotech] soliciting testimonials or customer comments?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 13:41:06 MDT 2012

Richard

I am in the process of having my website redone by someone who does that for a living. It's not done yet, but one of the first things he asked me was if I had letters of recommendations from customers. He thinks they are a good way of letting other customers know about the quality of my service. I have asked several of my piano teachers and church musicians to write a letter, and also a couple of customer who's pianos I rebuilt.

So the bottom line, is, yes, it's OK to ask for letters of recommendations, or testimonials. Leave it up to the individual how and what to write.

Wim