[pianotech] Tuning for listing on concert program

Paul Mulik paulmulik at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 19:34:32 MDT 2012

A private school that I tune for recently built a very nice new auditorium, and bought a new Steinway B at the same time.  They have several concerts per year, which are well-attended by leading members of the community.

I tune the concert piano several times a year (and all the other pianos at the school too), and it occurred to me that when I tune for a performance, I might want to waive the tuning fee of the concert piano in exchange for a credit in the printed program. Perhaps I could ask for something like "Piano tuning services for tonight's program were provided by Paul Mulik Piano Service" to be printed on the back of the program.

Has anyone done anything like this, and did it result in increased business?

Paul Mulik
Joplin, MO