[pianotech] Subject of Difficult Jobs

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 17 14:59:45 MDT 2012

While we're on the subject of difficult jobs - does anyone have an efficient
way of aligning hammers on a square grand to the strings? I am finding it
difficult to get the hammers in the upper treble to line up to the strings,
and am wondering if there is a better way than marking each key, pulling the
keyboard, moving the flange, and then replacing the keyboard in the hope
that the hammers are now hitting the right strings ONLY.
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
530-265-1983