[pianotech] Leftovers (Renner Whippens)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 09:09:30 MDT 2012

Hi Ed,
I don't use Renner anymore. The graphite in the bushings attracts
moisture and around here it's hard to avoid it.
Plus the shanks twist more than Abels or Tokiwas and after a year or
two, I have to pull off a dozen or more to
reset straight because they're tipped beyond burning-in. Only a few with
Abel or Tokiwa.

I had to repin the top flanges on a new backaction and the jacks on a
customer's piano. That hurts the bottom line.

Jon