[pianotech] who pays?

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:26:47 MDT 2012

Wim,
Next time if you have to ship strings, use the flat rate boxes from
the USPS. The flat rate applies to all 50 states including Alaska and
Hawaii. The strings would have gone for about $15.00 if you bundled
them very tightly. I use electrical tape as well as a few tie wraps to
make the smallest package possible that won't explode en route (:-).

Too bad about the mix up. I know it is time consuming to measure
strings but it does usually eliminate SNAFUs like this. Or at least do
a rubbing with roll paper and a crayon but that might not even
guarantee that Mapes will not screw up the order. I have not had the
greatest experiences with them.

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc