[pianotech] Fw: who pays? P.S.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Oct 21 10:05:48 MDT 2012

On 10/21/2012 10:09 AM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:

> [...]

Don't worry. Steinway making fundamental changes would be admitting that
what they have been doing for the last hundred years (even though that
has changed), is less than ideal. That won't happen. Consider that when
they needed a new model for the marketing mill, they couldn't design
one, or hire someone to do so, but rather married within the family and
resurrected the model O. As to them being capable of building a good
piano of a different design, I don't see a problem. One of the major
points in the redesign that I do (Not speaking for the others) is that
they don't take supernatural methods to build, and that Steinway's
deficiencies are primarily in the design, not so much in the execution.
With some working design changes and uniform production and assembly
jigging and procedures, there's no reason other than their attitude that
Steinway couldn't make a DEPENDABLY first rate piano. I've said the same
of Baldwin.

Ron N