[pianotech] who pays--A perspective On Steinway marketing

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Oct 21 12:14:40 MDT 2012

On 10/21/2012 12:58 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:

> Yes, Ron but then many of us would not have made the incredible
> amounts of money enhancing thebetterattributes
> ( repairing the design flaws) of the piano,which make the piano so
> unique.

Which incredible amounts of money are those, Dale? Here in the land of
300,000 people, depressed aircraft industry driven, that ain't
happening. You folks within an hours drive of 4 million people will
never get that one - ever.

> They have provided us with a very special opportunity to develop our
> ownresearch and design capabilities & in all sincerity...I am
> grateful for this.

Bullshit. There are plenty of other pianos with the same problems. It's
just the public's and technicians snob attitude connecting to Steinway's
snob attitude that makes Steinway the most improved make.

> You      dislike their behavior
> toward you and you dislike them but, they feed you anyway.

Wrong. I don't dislike them, but rather their attitude that a
demonstrably deficient series of design decisions make the best piano in
the world. And they sure as hell aren't feeding me.
Ron N