[pianotech] OT Compressing question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 24 18:42:55 MDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 7:19 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Ron,
> It's and HP Computer that came with a Photo program. It's Windows XP. My
> Camera is a GE, (which stands for General Electric Corporation). It came
> with a whole bunch of crap programs that don't do squat, imo! I'm looking
> for help from those who might know.
> Enough information for you? That's all there is.
> Joe

Just right. We have an OS. Does the HP photo program offer editing
capabilities? The editor that comes with XP is utterly useless for
anything, typically. If it gives you options to change brightness,
contrast, color profile, cropping, conversion to gray scale and such,
there should be a resample or resize option in the menus somewhere.
That's what you want. If not, try googling for "photo editor" or the
like and go shopping. There's lots of options, and if you find something
that looks good in shareware or freeware, ask back if anyone is familiar
with it specifically. It's sort of like what we tell folks who call in
wanting to know how to buy Craigslist pianos. If you have a 14 year old
available, buy him a six pack and turn him loose.
Ron N