[pianotech] Bridge agraffes FYI

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 14:10:52 MDT 2012

Our family piano was a 1875 or so Hallet & Davis upright.  It had
agraffes on the bridge, and they had holes slanted through them. The
wire would exit the hitchpin side from the low side or high side, since
every other one was turned so that the bearing was either extremely
negative or extremely positive.  The soundboard itself was perfectly
flat.
   sounded pretty good.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html