[pianotech] Bridge agraffes FYI

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 18:19:50 MDT 2012

Will,
     I don't doubt that the wood may be a factor. But I also suspect that the relatively "lively" environment of the vibrating bridge ( as opposed to the normal agraffe home -- a plate) contributes to all sorts of uneven wear on the inner surfaces. Perhaps these could be reamed, but a belly job with a conventional bridge is all that I've heard truly fixes the glitch. (And Sohmer, a fine American make, and the last to be owned by its founding family, made a truly unfortunate boo-boo on this one!)

Thumpe

P.S. I have one of these in my "route": owned by a hospital CEO here, with the same trashy overtones. But it also had a very bad squeaky pedal problem. Have you encountered that in yours?