[pianotech] Ship via US Post Office, Not UPS Store or UPS

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Oct 25 18:50:42 MDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 7:19 PM, Joseph Rosenberg wrote:

> 1. Use the USPS aka The US Post Office. Pricing should be cheaper and
> the US PO delivery times are fast and efficient, without UPS' surcharges.

A few years back, I was having trouble getting bass strings. They were
made, and mailed, but never seemed to arrive here. I finally figured out
that the carrier couldn't stuff the string box in the mailbox, and
wasn't bothering to get off his butt and walk it to the porch. He'd just
sit on it a few days, then send it back as undeliverable. The local
branch manager and I got real well acquainted chasing this down, and the
perp was replaced, probably moving to a desk job and big pay raise. Got
lots of catalogs after that, as well as my bass strings. The USPS is
certainly no bargain.

Ron N