[pianotech] Square's for $ 20K ? Is that possible?

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 11:25:53 MDT 2012

Greetings,
    Recently, I was asked to give an appraisal of a square grand, and my
fair market value estimate was approx. 5% of what others expected.  In
my experience here in Tennessee, these things can't be given away, but
there might be other venues in which they are pursued.  I was told that
the insurance estimate had been $20K and that various web sites had
them advertised from $20 to $35k.
    Does anybody care to offer what prices they have actually seen paid
for these pianos in the last 10 years?
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html