[pianotech] Hot strings. Was Who pays

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:25:02 MDT 2012

I will repeat what I suggested to Wim. Use US postal service flat rate
boxes to send strings or flat rate envelopes for just a few strings.
It is almost always the cheapest way to send heavy objects. You can
also insure the package for whatever it is worth in aggravation if it
is lost or stolen.
I don't work for the USPS but I think the flat rate boxes and
envelopes are a great deal and I am happy to support the USPS to help
keep them in business. I hate the UPS store people in my area. They
are arrogant, expensive, and not very helpful. They don't work for
UPS.

Doug Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Southold, NY