[pianotech] cuddly die grinders

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Oct 27 17:09:23 MDT 2012

On 10/27/2012 5:43 PM, Jim Ialeggio wrote:

>Even
> outside though, I get the same personal protection.

Absolutely, full hazmat! The stuff is toxic. Outside doesn't work for
me, so it's in the shop. The rule is, all grinding done in one day,
which is why I want fast material removal. Also, bigger chips instead of
fine dust. Sweep up with a magnet, then exhaust fan and air hose. Even
then, I tend to track graphite into areas not appreciated. Save the
sweepings. I mix iron dust with epoxy to fill and re-drill those hogged
out plate perimeter holes, and to level the low spots in the duplex
area. Leftovers sparkle entertainingly when thrown into the fire in the
evening. Whee!

Ron "Cheap Date" N