[pianotech] high and outside

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 29 09:14:59 MDT 2012

Wim said: "The ETD was not off by one note. The ETD was probably off by
four or five notes, or even on the wrong octave. This happens to me
occasionally when, in the process of tuning, I run some progressive 3rds,
4ths, and 5ths, just to see how the tuning is going. The SAT then hears
some of those notes, and automatically goes to one of those lower notes.
Then when I go back to the note I was tuning, I forget to look to see which
note the SAT is on. This is what I suspect happened with the guy Ron talked
about. Except he didn't look, much less listen."

Wim,
One of the reasons I still use a SAT II, no b.s. bells and whistles on
it.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police