[pianotech] Ridgewood grand

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 30 18:38:08 MDT 2012

We used to sell these.  They had the same plate as the Nordiska (Dong Bei).  The Dong Bei factory made a lot of different brands.  I believe this factory is now owned by Baldwin.
I found them to be difficult to tune because of the angles of the string segments in the front bearing area, along with tight and springy pins.  Fairly stable when they're finally done.  I wouldn't say they were the best, but not the worst I've seen coming from China.
Paul McCloud
San Diego