[pianotech] Art Case Bechstein

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Oct 30 19:18:04 MDT 2012

There was a name though, for that action with the spring and loop
additional to jack spring and bridle tape. Someone told me it in here a
few years ago, and I have forgotten!

For wrestling with loop springs I use a little pair of forceps (not
obstetric ones for delivering babies!) without the locking clamp,
http://www.maplin.co.uk/140mm-stainless-steel-straight-forceps-219407?c=maplin&utm_source=gcs&utm_medium=gcs_search&utm_campaign=N09FA&utm_content=Tweezers%2C+Probes%2C+Forceps+and+Clamps

There are some pics of me fitting new springs in an old spring & loop
action on my blog at http://pianopinions.tumblr.com/page/2   I kept
cleaning my hands but as soon as I handled any part of the action they
just immediately got filthy again. Soot from the old days of coal fires
and smoky chimneys.

Best regards,

David.