[pianotech] Sandy coming ashore

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 05:19:05 MDT 2012

That's frankly absurd. This storm won't get close to the damage caused by Katrina and Rita and that was certainly not a boost to the economy. In fact it led to a massive amount of criticism of the government spending money on storm recovery. This will be even worse because of the lack of flood insurance purchased in the Northeast. Recovery is going to demand more federal dollars than the Gulf Coast did. Tuners/rebuilders will not be busy until people assess housing damage and get other aspects of their life moving again. Most are going to be well underinsured and homeowners does not cover flood damage. Pianos come long after shelter.

---Dave
New Orleans