[pianotech] Pitch Raising

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 31 10:29:01 MDT 2012

Terry,
It's a lot more simple than you appear to understand.<G> Take the numbers
and install them in a "page" on your SAT. Then, when presented with a Pitch
Raise, go to that "page" and starting on A0, tune the damned piano, all the
way up to C88! Do not use an FAC thang or anything else...just those
numbers!  Once that is completed, which should take you about 15 - 20
minutes, restrip the piano and tune as if it was just tuned 6 months ago!
Simple/Pimple! Nothing complicated about that. IF you don't have a SAT,
then you need to get creative to make any of the other ETs, (that's
ExtraTerrestraials to you<G>), to be able to use those numbers! Got it? I
hope so.<G> If you're using some mickey mouse program on an iPhone that
doesn't allow you to input numbers, then you're out of luck.<G> Continue
on. At ease, etc.<G>
Joe

general conclusion was that it was so complicated that I could pitch raise
1,000 pianos with my teeth much faster and with much less pain that to
decipher your approach. I'm not criticizing your method at all - how could
I, I still don't have a clue what it is. And I think you are very generous
to offer your thoughts and experience on the subject. But I'm really a
reasonably smart person and I absolutely had no idea what to do with any of
the information given in your method.

> I have little doubt that you, the author, understand it and get good
results with it. It simply did not appear user friendly to me at all.

> I get good results with the very easy method I employ.  And I really
don't think that Paul and I were battling. Were you battling me Paul? I
hope you're not upset that I won!  ;-)